Integral
health and its many teachers will eventually spark a fire, spread a virus and
create such a health epidemic that before long the entire human population will
be consumed. But this can only be done through show and tell of practitioner practicing
what they preach. The old saying that goes “misery Loves Company” will never be
present in the room when the practitioner rest in a place of wholeness. Wholeness
on all levels mind, body and spirit this speaks to their credibility. You should
never find a teacher speaking of proper maintenance of the body and in return
they are overweight and struggling to keep it under control. Nor should you
find them using words such as “I’m stressed out” this speak to lack within
their spiritual life. They should never say there are too many things being
moved around within their minds for them to concentrate on what’s present. All these things damage their credibility with
clients. But on the other hand the healthcare professional that emits positive
energy of peace and calmness through their walking, talking and living each area
out to its fullest extent in their lives; will in turn show they have mastered integral
health within.
Knowledge
is power and the lack thereof can be crippling. Gathering all the information
there is to learn about a particular field and then do nothing with it damaging. Knowledge without application is
useless. Before this course never in a
million year would I know or even think the mind had so much power over the
body. This being said my personal goal is to conquer and control my mind from
its every day rein over my life. From its allowing moment of high hope to ever
promising reflection of pain. I plan on continuing my physical session of
working out to keep the body alert, constant reading of my bible verse each day
and using meditation and visualization to calm the mind. But I don’t plan on being selfish with this
information at all. My personal goal is to bring my 15 year old daughter into
the light; freedom from being a salve of the mind.
Assessment
of Mind, Body and Spirit
1.
I’m not pleased
2.
Trying, needs more work
3.
At goal
4.
Above what I’ve expected
5.
Doing exceptionally well.
Mind: Presently I would
give myself (3) at goal as I continue to uncover the vast amount of knowledge
the mind can process and how well it controls my life. I know I will get to (4)
above what I’ve expected within the next thirty to sixty days with all the
different exercise I’ve set in place. But (5) doing exceptionally well I feel
will be a journey of mastering the mind in all areas; to the point where
nothing moves me, either by self-inflict, immediate family or social
influences.
Body: I’m struggling,
I’m not where I used to be, but(1) I’m
not pleased with here I’m at. I was placed on retrains by my doctors so once
that’s lifted fully my goal for my body is to be (5) doing exceptionally well.
This area I know takes commitment and hard work; but to have Tina Turner leg, BeyoncĂ©’s
Butt and Angela Basset arms won’t come by chance. Only with hard work and being
discipline will I ever get that back. (Yes I was there less than a year ago) I
felt so good about myself then, this is why I must get back there.
Spirit: (4) Above what I’ve expected with spiritual
life. I grew up with certain belief that have not changed but grown stronger
throughout this course and since my injury. At times when my world seems as
though it had ended my only rescue was found in my spiritual walk. Even though
there is a ways to go for (5) doing exceptionally well; because there were
moments when I stop praying. But I never did stop believing.
Future goal for
developing the Mind, Body and Spirit
Mind: Developing the
mind each day I’ve decided to make it my point of duty to listen motivational
speakers such as Tony Robbins, Earl Nightingale, Les Brown, Lisa Nichols, Joel
Osteen and many others the list is endless once you type a name in the search
brings up many others. I have given up
on watching the television, only briefly for the weather channel. I am now
practicing to witnessing my mind, I even stop to ask myself “what am I thinking
of” several times throughout the day. This has helped with preventing me from
drifting off into negative self –talk. My goal is to control my mind and create
the paradigm shift I’m longing for; which is to live a richer, fuller life from
within.
Body: My plan starts with first eating a healthy
meal on time each day. I am going to set out a nutritional plan that follows
the right portion of daily in-take on vegetable, fruits, less meat; because
truly feel it slows my body done. Then drinking more water and less tea; my
life is consumed with drinking hot tea for breakfast, for lunch and if I’m not
careful it will be for dinner as well. I sometimes forget to eat!
Spirit: Presently I
attend church service once a week. I’m decided to start volunteering at the
early service then sitting in on the second service. I have found that giving
is connected to my spiritual being in the sense that when I give I’m uplifted
and it makes me feel Happy.
Strategy to Improve Self
Psychology Growth: my
psychology growth has greatly improved with daily meditation. I have started
off doing five minutes at the beginning of this course now I’m up to twenty
minutes a day. I have named a room in my home “mommy zone” under no
circumstance are kids allowed. The second thing I’ve implemented is a vision
board. Great for visualization, I spend at least ten to fifteen minutes seeing
myself being and having everything on my board. This I must say brought a sense
of happiness back to my life I never knew exist.
Spiritual Growth: I have devoted each morning to reading a
verse from the bible. Reading each day
is done in my “mommy zone” with my comfortable chair, windows open bringing the
break of the sunlight in; the peace to felt and “no kids” around! Then once I’m
done I’m off to reading for another fifteen to thirty minutes of something
motivational. If not I’m listening to one of my audio books. Ever since the
past four weeks of class, I’ve purchased more than eight audio books and text
books.
Physical Growth: Well
this is area I’ve always wanted to improve and I’ve started to take short walks
with my kids around the block. I’ve calculated this distance to show if I walk
by my house twice then I would have walked a mile. This has always been a goal
of mind to walk, and then run a mile each day. Another way I’m improving my
physical is by implementing daily squats.
Commitment: I’ve learnt
that there is power in numbers. So my commitment is not just to myself but to
the die-hard health freaks I’ve partner with on this journey. I’m now a member
of Fusion Fitness; my meditation has now gone to group session in the morning.
Never in a million years would I be caught leaving my home at 5:45am unless it
was a trip to the airport. Now I’m no pain in my body or talk of being tired
can stop me, because I know a group of people will be calling and looking for
me if I’m not living up to my end of the bargain. Another person who will keep
me in check is my daughter, who’s on the track team at her school.
Conclusion: Here and now,
the place I’ve found myself is so surreal. I’m singing, “I wish that I could
have this moment for life”. But I can
and I will, I’ve discovered that I am the master of my faith, of my path in
life. I can sit by and allow it to keep on happening to me or I can get up and
be the architect of my life; creating something so beautiful as I go along. And
with God willing this is what I am doing and will continue to do with my new
found energy for life. Integral health in my opinion is journey toward self-commitment.
The kind of commitment that I must take
so serious it calculate to life or death; and seeing what I know of living I
would like to continue living. Because if I don’t live a life that fosters
integral health then death will be an early option; so I chose to have fun with
my new found life and live, but just live, but to have a life of living healthy,
while experiencing happiness and wholeness from within.
No comments:
Post a Comment